Butterfly Quotes

I am fortunate enough to have a dear friend that is not only a talented and creative writer, but also my business partner in Obsession With Butterflies.  She is a kind gentle soul and lover of butterflies like myself.  Please enjoy some of my friend, Kristen D’Angelo’s butterfly quotes, along with a collection of my other favorite butterfly quotes and sayings.

Nevermore will a flying flower drift by you unnoticed

Butterflies are kisses blown by Angels  ~K. D’Angelo

Divine creation can be seen painted on the canvas of a butterfly’s wing ~ K. D’Angelo

No garden truly blooms until butterflies have danced upon it
~K. D’Angelo

Butterflies are a breath of beauty fluttering by, they are mystery chronicled upon wing, they bring forth the grace and wonder of this world to our eyes everyday
~K. D’Angelo

Awaken to the universes simple gift of the butterfly. Watch with fascination and joy as a jeweled treasure glides by and gently touches your soul

Peace dwells on wings of butterflies ~K. D’Angelo

A minute spec of life is set upon a leaf, out crawls a miracle a butterfly to be
~K. D’Angelo

Master magician, munching to and fro, a caterpillar works illusions til’ the end of his show
~K. D’Angelo

A self made sanctuary, a place for change and growth, a chrysalis is created in anticipation of both
~K. D’Angelo

Love, as the fluttering wing, is a graceful movement of the heart

~K. D’Angelo

Mother of Pearl ButterflyButterflies dance on the whisper’s of romance, alight upon their wings sun-kissed, joyfully soaring into Loves’s sweet bliss
~K. D’Angelo

Tremendous beauty can be found in the tiniest of things… for who has ever thought to rival that of a butterfly’s wing
~K. D’Angelo

All over the world butterflies soar into the hearts of man, they sail boundless and free, speaking the universal language of beauty
~K. D’Angelo

Butterfly flutters tickle the drowsy heart, awakening imaginations, curiosities, wonders and dreams. Where will you fly once touched by a Butterfly’s wing?
~K. D’Angelo

You are to me, as a butterfly to a flower
~K. D’Angelo

Soar like the spirited Butterfly, who is as passionate upon tattered wing, as she was on her maiden flight ~K. D’Angelo

Never-ending rays of long summer days, violet meadows serene, butterfly’s dream ~K. D’Angelo

One could spend a lifetime lost in a butterfly’s wing
~K. D’Angelo

Oh, gentle spirit, fly free on wings of grace… rise beyond sunset skies into the dawns of paradise ~K. D’Angelo

Life is a fleeting butterfly ~K. D’Angelo

and now some of my other favorites…

Two great things you can give your children: one is roots, the other is wings
~Hodding Carter

Everyone is like a butterfly, they start out ugly and awkward and then morph into beautiful graceful butterflies that everyone loves
~Drew Barrymore

One can never consent to creep, when one feels an impulse to soar
~Helen Keller

The butterflies…What an educated sense of beauty they have. They seem only an ornament to society, and yet,

owb tiger swallowtail

if they were gone, how substantial would be their loss
~Phil Robinson

Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you
~Nathaniel Hawthorne

His talent was as natural as the pattern that was made by the dust on a butterfly’s wings. At one time he understood it no more than the butterfly did and he did not know when it was brushed or marred
~Ernest Hemingway

I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man
~Zhuangzi

I would like to think that the singer is the butterfly, and the drummer was just the little grub in the ground, working to become a caterpillar
~Robert Wyatt

There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly
~Richard Buckminster Fuller

Is it sin, which makes the worm a chrysalis, and the chrysalis a butterfly, and the butterfly dust?
~Max Muller

Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to t

Butterfly

he sunny side of life. And everyone deserves a little sunshine
~Jeffrey Glassberg

“Just living is not enough,” said the butterfly, “one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower.”
~Hans Christian Anderson

A caterpillar who seeks to know himself would never become a butterfly
~Andre Gide

Just like the butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time
~Deborah Chaskin

The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough
~Rabindranath Tagore

Kristen is a freelance writer, blogger, photographer and social worker.  She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Ecology from the University of California, Irvine. In addition to her writing, Kristen is an active member of the Orange County Chapter of the North American Butterfly Association (NABA) and my business partner in Obsession With Butterflies.  - Vickie Cole

Kristen D’Angelo

If you’ve enjoyed Kristen’s quotes, please explore some of her others writings: The Butterfly Dimension- A Butterflies World, Butterfly Dreamin’ – Butterfly Gardening in Southern California and How to How to Photograph Butterflies – Capturing the Beauty of Butterflies.  Kristen’s heartfelt writings have recently been produced as a magical children’s lullaby Album, Butterfly Dream with a bedtime story book to follow soon.

Pin It
21 Responses to Butterfly Quotes
  1. Bobbi
    June 1, 2014 | 3:42 am

I truly enjoyed browsing your blog. The photos and poetry are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

2. torie
    November 2, 2013 | 10:11 am

thank you for the quote- I have a support group call Butterfly Moms We are a group of moms who have suffered the loss of a child-

3. Allison
    July 25, 2012 | 6:53 pm

Greetings butterfly love! I am so intrigued by the blog and the site. May I have the honor of featuring one of your quotes on our new site. It has not launched yet but I am open to showing you the pages for one of your priceless quotes.

Butterfly is the way of life. It describes each persons transformation into their own beauty with human compassion, free spirit, and togetherness!

All the best,
    Alli

• OWB
      July 25, 2012 | 7:22 pm

Thank you for your kind words with respect to our site. I am delighted that you enjoy it :)Please feel free to email me at kristen@obsessionwithbutterflies.com with any further inquiries. Best, Kristen

4. Clara
    May 9, 2012 | 6:17 am

Thank you for this beautiful website!

• OWB
      May 11, 2012 | 4:17 pm

Thank you!

5. dianna
    April 9, 2012 | 4:43 am

i really love butterfly— black-pink colored butterfly, and so this quotations…

i love it!!!

a million thanks .^_^

6. Jane
    March 21, 2012 | 7:16 am

“Butterflies are God’s confetti, thrown upon the Earth in celebration of His love”

Thanks for the amazing quotes, really enjoyed them.

Jane

7. Tina Stark
    September 2, 2011 | 10:16 am

I love butterflies and have enjoyed reading your blog!…u have a beautiful soul~

8. Marian Moore
    August 2, 2011 | 3:50 pm

Hi Kristen – Absolutely loved your butterfly quotes and have used two so far on my website, the latest being, ‘Divine creation can be seen painted on the canvas of a butterfly’s wing.’ Beautiful. All dovetail well into my latest blogs on MADAME BUTTERFLY! Many thanks from NE England. Marian

9. bhargavi
    July 7, 2011 | 11:50 pm

all your quotes are nice, awesome etc.

10. Peggy
    June 25, 2011 | 10:29 am

Kristen, love the butterfly quotes!!

I was wondering if you’ve ever heard this one and if so, if you know who the author is:

“A butterfly does not know the color of its wings.”

• OWB
      July 30, 2011 | 11:42 am

Hi Peggy… Glad you enjoyed the quotes and thank you for your kind comment. Unfortunately, I have not read this lovely quote before and I do not know who the author is, but thanks for posting! Best KD

11. Don Pitcairn
    May 15, 2011 | 11:44 pm

Great quotes! I used the “No garden truly blooms until butterflies have danced upon it” in my “The Naked Truth” column about the Eva Benet butterfly garden in the May 16th, 2011 edition of the White Rock Sun community newspaper at: wwwwhiterocksun.com. Very appropriate and being a writer, gardener and lover of nature, I couldn’t agree more with this line that is as beautiful as both yourself and butterflies are.

• OWB
      May 16, 2011 | 7:02 am

Thanks for the kind comment Don… glad you enjoyed the quotes! :) KD

12. Cyndi
    February 2, 2011 | 12:08 pm

I very much enjoyed your quotes. I just painted my daughters nursery with butterflies and I will be adding stencils of some of your writings as a border and throughout the room. Thank you so much for sharing them!

• OWB
      February 8, 2011 | 8:54 am

So happy you enjoyed the quotes. Hope they bring joy to you and your daughter! Send me a pic when your done if you like. I would love to see how the room turns out! Enjoy the butterflies and be well… Kristen

13. Betty
    September 28, 2010 | 6:23 pm

Are Kristin D’Angelo’s butterfly quotes available for use with attribution? If so I would like to use them with photographs I post on flickr and on note cards of butterflies I print at home and give as gifts or use myself.
    I particularly like “Butterflies are God’s confetti, thrown upon the earth in celebration of His love.” Thanks.

• Kristen D'Angelo
      September 29, 2010 | 8:01 am

Hi Betty, I am so happy to know that you have enjoyed my quotes. As far as usage permission goes, they are available for use with attribution for personal and non-commercial purposes only. If you are interested in using them for commercial purposes please contact me for further information. Keep enjoying the butterflies and take care… KD

14. jill
    June 14, 2010 | 4:18 pm

Thank you so much for these wonderful quotes! I will be memorizing them so I can share them with butterflies that pass by me in the sunshine.

15. Kristen
    May 11, 2010 | 1:44 pm

“If friends were flowers, I’d pick you”… Thank you Vickie! :-)